Wednesday 7 August 2013

My afterthoughts on The Wolverine 2013 (Contains Spoilers)


Watched this movie last-last Sun morning in 3D at the newly renovated Cathay Cineleisure theater. It is always nice to watch movie on a Sunday morning, less people, less child (less noise), etc...



I have been anticipating the Silver Samurai in this movie, but so disappointed that it only showed its face in the last battle. I think it is pretty cool, a little bit like Iron Man. But I heard people saying it resemble the Destroyer we saw in last Thor movie. It will be awesome if there is any figure manufacturer willing to make a 1/6th scale figure based on this design...


I would say the character Viper is kind of 'disgusting' in this movie, especially the scene where she tore her 'skin'.. (Thank god it wasn't Jessica Biel playing Viper). And the tongue of hers... Yeee... 


Kenuichio Harada, the supposed Silver Samurai in Marvel comic. But in the movie, he was just a supporting role. Having said that he do looks cool while protecting the Princess with his bow and arrow. His archery skill might even be on par with Hawkeye!

Anyway it was a pretty nice movie to me and I enjoyed it. But to my wife, she had another opinion. To her, the story line is pretty dull, in the sense that she only see Japanese family power struggling, the princess  got kidnapped and a hero appears to kick some bad ass and saves the girl. I understands that the story line is pretty dull, but it is interesting to see how Wolverine fights without his healing power. And I can only say he sucks without it, haha.. Although I do not know the actual story plot of the original in the comic but I understand that there are some alterations to the characters development and story. And overall I enjoyed this movie partly because I like Marvel stuffs. As usual, there is a post-credits scene hinting the next X-Men movie series Day of future past with Charles Xavier appearing along-side Magneto.


Source from: imdb.com

2 comments:

  1. Yes bro, you may enjoyed it if you are fans of Wolverine or Marvel. If not I recommend waiting for the DVD...

    ReplyDelete